Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Snickerdoodle Bread Taste Like A Warm Cinnamon Roll !!

Snickerdoodle Bread........This is amazing !  I made it this morning for my co-workers birthday so I could take it to her warm out of the oven.  It's a thick, heavy bread that taste like a gooey cinnamon roll.  I found the recipe on Pinterest and it came from Lil' Luna.  She got it from Barbara Bakes. I've tweaked it a little bit to suit me.  You can click on Lil' Luna or Barbara Bakes to get their versions.
Preheat the oven to 350 and collect the following ingredients for the bread:
Hershey's Cinnamon Chips
Three (3) eggs
Two sticks of butter softened
2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
2 cups Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
3/4 cup Greek Yogurt, vanilla flavored
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Cream the sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon into the two sticks of softened butter.  I let my butter sit on the counter top over night and it was perfect when I got ready to use it. 
Next add the three eggs and mix well with hand mixer.
Vanilla and Greek yogurt are next.  My little container of Greek yogurt was not quite the 3/4 c I needed so I completed it with regular sour cream.
Shift the baking powder into the flour then slowly add to the batter..
The original recipe called for the entire bag of cinnamon chips.  I opted to only use half the bag since there was so much other cinnamon to this recipe.
I sprayed my loaf pan with cooking spray but my bread still stuck.  Next time I'll do something different.  Pour batter equally into four small loaf pans...
For the topping:
In small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of sugar with 3 teaspoons of cinnamon. Generously cover each batter loaf with topping....
Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.  My oven took 33 minutes.  Insert toothpick and when it comes out clean, bread is ready and it will look like this......
The crumbly topping is crunchy and amazing and the bread is thick and heavy and delicious!  Must be that 2 sticks of butter that did it !  Share with many people so you don't inhale it all yourself !!
Scroll down to see who I have linked to this week.......

12 comments:

  1. This is making my mouth water..... I can not wait to try this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your loaves look gorgeous! So glad you loved the bread. Thanks for linking to my recipe. I've had good luck using the baking spray with flour. I'll have to try the recipe with Greek Yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I love snickerdoodle. I am definitely going to have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    Visiting from Whimsically Homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks tasty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good. I am going to have to make this.

    Visiting from Adorned from Above @ www.adornedfromabove.com

    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks fantastic. I've never even heard of cinnamon chips, but they sound so good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That look rather yummy, hand me a bit! I've never seen those chips tho, wonder if we could get them in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't find them in the store you can order them from Hersheys.com

      Delete
  8. This looks so good -- I can almost smell it....lol! I'm visiting via Karen's Find-a-Friend Friday. It seems we have some things in common -- photography, scrapbooking, sewing. Your blog looks like fun & filled with good info. I'm your newest follower.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    I am Debi Bolocofsky from Adorned from Above, and I have listed you and this post as one of my Favorite Friday Blog Links Of The Week 4. Link below:

    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/friday-blog-links-of-week-4.html

    I hope that you will take a look, I have truly enjoyed reading your blog

    I would love it if you could post a link in this post showing that you were featured in my blog. I have a link at the bottom of the blog that you can grab and copy and paste.

    Sincerely,
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned from Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. Made these today and they are delicious and addictive. Maybe someone can help me out though....mine are crumbly when you cut a slice. Just falls apart and you can't eat it without a fork or spoon. Put it in the frig and that helped some. Did I over bake, or is there another reason someone might know of? Thanks

    ReplyDelete